Hi everyone! I am here to share a project I have worked on and off for over a year. It has been a labor of love and sometimes hate…lol….especially when it wouldn’t go together like it was supposed to.
I found this pattern on Silhouette but I changed it from an angel to a doll. The name of the pattern is Liberty Angel 3D Figure Part 1 Torso Arm Dress and Liberty Angel 3D Figure Part 2 Legs Wings Apron…I have no way of linking the patterns to my blog…sorry 😞 I do how ever have the tutorial from Needles ‘n’ Knowledge blog which did help in putting together my little dolly.
She is approximately 18 inches high once put together. Most of the paper collection that is used on the dress and pantaloons are from Anna Griffin Garden Party Stack.
The arms and legs are jointed with beads and ribbon. That was one of the reasons that is took me forever was at first I had the wrong size of beads and after searching I finally found a couple of strands at Michaels on clearance.
I also added an assortment of lace to the dress which I think really “fancified” her up. 😀
Instead of using twine and twirling onto a dowel and spraying with Starch to create curls I decided to use yarn to create her hair. I cut the yarn in three different lengths and started on the back of her head and worked my way to side of the doll’s face. The bangs I butted against the longer hair and once finished I trimmed up and added a lace bow to the top of her head.
Instead of using the banner that was included with this project I decided to use the Banners and Pennants diecuts. After cutting out and putting together I added sequins and a gem to each of the banners.
I added a little “blush” to her cheeks and a gem to her collar and wa-laa she is finally finished! I hope you enjoyed this project and if you have any questions please let me know.
Also I would like to submit this project for the following challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge:
Thanks for stopping by, hope your day is awesome and enjoy creating!
Hi everyone! I am here to finally share the fans (forty of them) I created for my son and now wife’s wedding which was last week. I had found in the Silhouette library a 3D Rosette Flower-Dotted design ID #21879 but it was small so I sized it up to 3 1/2″ in height and 11 1/8 wide and copied pasted another image onto the design area to be printed.
I used the following cardstocks from Canvas Corp to create these fans: Gold & Kraft Diamond, Gold & Kraft Damask and Gold & Kraft Stripe cardstocks.
After folding and gluing both strips of the rosette together (end to end) I had a circle that had to be “pushed” down to create the rosette. I used a hot glue gun to glue a small Kraft cardstock circle to the center. It dries a lot faster so you don’t have to hold it for what seems like forever. Then I repeated the same process on the other side of the rosette.
Since my daughter in law’s colors for the wedding was mint green, Lavender and pink I ran cardstock through my diecut machine to cut out several scalloped circles and then embossed with Brenda Walton’s Floral Tapestry embossing folder.
I adhered those to the front and back of each fan. Along with a wood paddle that I purchased at Hobby Lobby.
Here is a small portion of the fans before I boxed them and since them off with my son before the wedding. 🙂
The day of the wedding it rained just a little bit and then cleared up…isn’t rain suppose to be good luck for a wedding? But all in all it was the perfect day for an outdoor wedding. The bride was beautiful and all the decorations and special touches truly made this a day to remember. Plus I gained a daughter I never had too. 🙂
If you have any questions about this project please let me know.
Thanks for stopping by, hope your Friday is awesome and enjoy creating!
Hi everyone! I am here to share my project for the Crafty Card Gallery blog and this month’s theme is birthday. I finally used my Silhouette Cameo which I have had for over a year…gasp! If I had known it would have been this easy to used I would have used it sooner.
I used the A2 Box Card Flower file to create this adorable card and let me tell you it was sooooo easy peasy to put together.
I printed Lets Celebrate from the computer and cut the sentiment out, inked the edges and snipped the end to create a banner and then adhered to a pipe cleaner.
I actually cut another set of flowers out because I wanted “more dimension” to the flowers. The second set of flowers I inked and shaped before adhering on top of the other flower. I added sequins and a flat back pearl to each center.
I love the way this turned out! It is so colorful and fun and I can’t wait to give it as part of a birthday gift. If you have any questions about this project please let me know.
Thanks for stopping by, hope your Tuesday is awesome and enjoy creating!