Hi everyone! I am super excited to be back as a guest designer for the Robin’s Nest today! For the how to’s and more photos of my card you can find the blog post HERE.
Hi everyone! Are you ready for Christmas? Me? I am almost there…I still have presents to wrap and a couple of pies to make and I will finally be able to sit back and relax for a moment. Then it will be back to getting projects ready for CHA in January.
Well, I wanted to share a bag I altered. I created this for a swap I was in with my sweet friend Lisa. I first started with a 6.25″x9.25″ kraft paper bag. I used the following cardstock collections to decorate the front and back of the bag: Prima-Sweet Peppermint, Sizzix: Brenda Walton-Merry & Bright and Crate Paper-Bundled Up. I used a scalloped edge punch to create the pocket which I glued to the bag along with a doily and two strips of cardstock. I then cut the Reindeer from Gold Glitter cardstock and adhered to the corner of the pocket. I cut verbiage and numbers from the Merry & Bright collection. The number are from the Billboard Alphabet Diecut. Once everything was cut it was added to the front of the bag.
I filled up the bag with Tags I cut from the Merry & Bright Collection. The wreath paper clip I will share how to make those in a later post 😉
I hope you like this little bag I altered and if you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks for stopping by, hope your Wednesday is awesome and enjoy creating!
Hi everyone! I wanted to hop on the blog and share a couple of projects I created over three years ago for a Stamper’s Sampler magazine call. I mailed these off May of 2013 with the hopes of maybe they would be selected for the magazine. I figured after this amount of time it wasn’t selected.
The first project was for the template challenge in the magazine which was butterflies. I started with Eileen Hull’s House Gift Card Holder and cut out a house diecut and embossed with one of Tim Holtz’s embossing folders (if I find the name of the folder I will update my blog…sorry three years has gone by you know 😦 ). The butterfly template I printed off in several different sizes on copy paper, cut out, traced on cardstock, cut those out, stamped and adhered to the front of the house. I did add a pull out with the word “FLY” to the tab.
The second project is a 3″x6″ Christmas card I created using Robin’s Nest cardstock and Dew Drops. I so love the reindeer stamp I used!
Maybe there is still I chance it will be selected for a future Stamper’s Sampler magazine? Who know? 🙂 But I wanted to share these with you. If you do have any questions about either one of these projects please let me know.
Hi everyone! I am here to share my Inspiration Team project for today. This months theme is cards using Eileen Hull’s diecuts. I am always in need of little enclosure cards for gifts and these are some fun cards I came up with.
Next I back stitched three of the leaves down the center. If you are unfamiliar with how to do the back stitch you can google or bing to get the directions.
For each of the leaves placed another felt leaf on the backside blanket stitched them together. The blanket stitch directions can also be found on the internet.
For each of the cards I adhered the flowers and a leaf together.
I added a strip of patterned cardstock to the center of each card.
Thanks for stopping by, hope your Tuesday is wonderful and enjoy creating!
Hi everyone! I want to share another project I created a few months ago but wasn’t able to share until now. I used jute matboard from Crescent and Eileen Hull’s Canning Jar 3D item # 658453 (this diecut is retired), Heart and Flower and Spring Leaves diecuts.
I put everything together according to the directions. I shaped the flowers and added buttons to the centers, along with twine and pearl sprays.
The little girl image I printed from the internet and the Fairy Wings I purchased from Altered Pages. I fussy cut everything out. I added a little crumpled tissue page inside the jar and then I adhered the little girl, wings (I lightly added Stickles to the wings), moss and lace.
I cut and adhered Gold Cardstock lid, lace and grim trim to the jar.
Thanks for stopping by hope your day awesome and enjoy creating!
Hi everyone! I back with a Christmas card I had created this past Summer…I have shared these sporadically the last couple of month…and this is the last of that batch. I am sure I will be creating more later on.
I folded a 6″x6″ piece of cardstock from the Lost and Found Christmas Collection from My Mind’s Eye in half to create a base for my card. I cut a piece of gold glitter cardstock to frame the Scalloped Rectangle from Spellbinders and adhered to the front of the card.
The “M” I found at Hobby Lobby on clearance. I painted it white and once dry applied adhesive and sprinkled with glitter.
I cut Be Merry from the same paper collection, punched two small holly leaves which I shaped and adhered to the bottom corner of the “M”. I finished the card off with a little red gem.
As always if you have any questions about this project please let me know.
Thanks for stopping by, hope your day is awesome and enjoy creating!
Hi everyone! Today I am here to share my Inspiration Team project this month for Eileen Hull. This month’s theme is Halloween and Holidays and I decided to try and create a little witch from the Cookie Box diecut to hold candy in.
First I cut the cookie box from Mat Board and assembled according to directions. I used black mat board which is no longer available from Sizzix but you can paint or cover with cardstock.
For the hat I cut from Purple Crackle Glitter Cardstock a Cone diecut ( and assembled) a Scalloped Circle and a 1 1/2″x4″ piece of Halloween Stripe Glitter Cardstock (I used the lime green side of the cardstock) for the face.
Next I cut several 1/4″ strips of Black Bats Glitter Cardstock, crinkled and adhered to either side of the witch’s face.
Thanks for stopping by, hope your day is wonderful and enjoy creating!