Hi everyone! Today I am back to share a project I created for a ClearSnap and Xyron collaboration. Whenever I ink up projects and have leftover ink I grab a blank tag and lay/paint it…I hate to waste ink 😁 and when I need a quick project I have a stash of inked tags ready to go.
How I inked this Tag I used a glass tray which had Coral and Dandelion Inks. Water had been added to each ink and I laid the tag into the ink mixture and made sure tag was completely covered with ink. Then I removed and let dry.
Ink the girl and legs rubber stamps from the Dress Up Stamp and Cut Set with Wicked Black ink. Fussy cut girl body and legs.
Ink an Acrylic Block with Pink Sky Chalk Ink. Load paint brush with water and pink sky ink and paint the girl image’s cheeks. Also paint a scrap piece of watercolor paper and let dry. I cleaned the acrylic block and inked with Candied Yam Chalk Ink and I loaded a paint brush with water and Candied Yam ink and paint the girl image’s hair.
I cut a 1″x4″ piece of cardstock and used the Xyron Tape Runner to adhere to the tag.
Next I placed a piece of cardstock onto the skirt diecut and run through the diecut machine. With the tape runner I adhered the girl image, legs, and skirt to the tag. I cut three banners from various patterned cardstock and adhered with the tape runner to the upper corner of the tag.
I punched a flower from the painted water color paper and a leaf sprig from a scrap of green cardstock. I cut two of the leaves from the sprig and adhered a flower and leaves to the waist of the girl. I added a Glossy Dot to the center of the flower and several loops of thread underneath the flower.
I added the “Celebrate” sticker to the banner and the Party Hat to the girl’s head. I finished the tag by tying green seam binding to the top of the tag.
As always if you have a question about this project please let me know. I would also like to submit this project for the following challenge:
Thanks for stopping by, hope your Monday is wonderfully awesome and enjoy creating!
Hi everyone! This month ClearSnap, Paper House and Michael’s have teamed up! We were challenged to use only products that you would find in Michael’s Store. Though this paper pad isn’t a Christmas theme I came up with a mini Santa journal for my project.
I inked the Jolly Santa Rubber Stamp with Wicked Black Ink and stamp onto a piece of speckled cardstock from the Paper House Color Washed Paper Pad.
I inked the Santa stamp again with Wicked Black ink and stamp onto a piece of red cardstock (Color Washed Paper Pad). Only the Santa hat and berries will be needed. Next I fussy cut Santa, hat and berry images out and adhered the hat and berries to the Santa image.
I inked an Acrylic Block with Ice Jade and Aquamarine Chalk Inks, loaded a paint brush with water and paint the holly leaves with Ice Jade ink. Next I added shading to the holly leaves with the Aquamarine Chalk Ink. I cleaned the acrylic block and inked with Arctic Deep and Sea Crystal Chalk Inks and painted Santa’s eyes with both inks. I also added Pink Sky Chalk Ink to the acrylic block and paint Santa’s cheeks.
I applied Clear Glitter Glue randomly to Santa’s beard and holly leaves and finished by adding mini light green gems to the Santa image.
I cut a 6″x9″ piece of stripped cardstock (Paper House Color washed Paper Pad) and fold into to create a 4 1/2″x6″ cover for the journal. I also cut five pieces of patterned cardstock in various sizes to fit the inside journal cover and folded those in half was well.
I measured 2 inches down on each end of the spine of the cover and mark with a pencil, poked a hole with the Tool ‘n One on each marked spot. I centered the pages inside the journal cover, poke holes in each page. I threaded a Needle with Twine and sew all pages inside and tied the twine off on the inside of the journal.
Next cut 2 1/4″x6″ piece of patterned cardstock and adhere to the cover along with the Santa image. Cut a gold piece of cardstock 3 5/8″x 1/2″ and a patterned piece of cardstock 1 1/4″x3″. Cut the end of the 1 1/4″x3″ at an angle to create a banner. Adhere both to the bottom corner of the cover. I cut a Seal (Hipster 1 Diecuts) from red cardstock. Next I cut the “d”, “e” and “c” letter stickers down and add to the seal diecut.
There you have it! This little journal can be used to take notes, as a planner or photos can be added to it!
Also I would like to submit this project for the following challenges:
Crafter’s Castle: Challenge #9
Thanks for stopping by, hope your Friday and weekend is wonderful and enjoy creating!
Hi everyone! I’m back to share a quick card I created for a customer and I’m also submitting it for a “What’s Bugging You” challenge over at Cut it Up! blog. The base of the card and the butterfly I used some sheets out of the Artist Paper 6×6 Paper pad from Paper House. I soooo love the design, quotes and how colorful the scrapbook paper is in this pack. I used bits and pieces of scrapbook paper, inked the edges with Martha Stewart Dusk Blue Chalk Ink.
I applied Ceramcoat Turquoise acrylic paint around the end of a toilet paper and Anita’s White acrylic paint around the inside of a bottle cap to make random circles to the front of the card.
The sentiment I printed from the computer and glued to the top of the card. Next I used Sizzix Bigz Beautiful Butterflies diecut to cut two butterflies out. I adhered the center of the smaller butterfly on top of the larger butterfly. I then adhered to the card front.
I used a scrap of ribbon for the body, three sequins and sewing push pins for the antennas and adhered to the butterfly.
Thanks for stopping by, hope your day is wonderful and enjoy creating!!!