July 4th Tag

Hi everyone and Happy 4th of July! It looks like we will have a rainy 4th here so probably no cooking out and lounging in pool. But I guess I will gather up some craft supplies and binge watch¬†Netflix. ūüėé I wanted to share a quick tag I created using the Tag & Bookplate Diecut. I started by cutting the tag from Navy and Ivory Ticking Cardstock. Next I adhered a doily to the front of the tag along with some red patterned cardstocks.

Next I cut four patterned straws down and added a little adhesive to the side of each straw and then glued together. I tied red and white twine around the straws, adhered the Paper Dolls patriotic girl to the straws and then glued to the corner of the tag. I used the number four embossing folder from the Texture Trades Number Set.  I fussy cut around the four after embossing and lightly sanded the raised edges of the four and added to the corner of the tag. I adhered sequins and gems sporadically on the tag and seaming binding, Ric Rac and twine was tied off at the top. 
As always if you have any questions about this tag  please let me know.

Also I would like to submit this project for consideration for the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge: #288-289
Paper Sweeties Challenge: July 2017 #57
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Red White and/or Blue
Cut It Up: Challenge 125 – Patriotic – Red, White, and Blue

 Thanks for stopping by, hope your day is awesome and enjoy creating!

Pretty Paper Dolly

Hi everyone! I am here to share a project I have worked on and off for over a year. It has been a labor of love and sometimes hate…lol….especially when it wouldn’t go together like it was¬†supposed¬†to.
I found this ¬†pattern on¬†Silhouette but I changed it from an angel to a doll. The name of the pattern is Liberty¬†Angel 3D¬†Figure Part 1 Torso Arm Dress and Liberty Angel 3D¬†Figure Part 2 Legs Wings Apron…I have no way of linking the patterns to my blog…sorry ūüėě I do how ever have the tutorial from Needles ‘n’ Knowledge blog which did help in putting¬†together my little dolly.


She is approximately 18 inches high once put together. Most of the paper collection that is used on the dress and pantaloons are from Anna Griffin Garden Party Stack. 


The arms and legs are jointed with beads and ribbon. That was one of the reasons that is took me forever was at first I had the wrong size of beads and after searching I finally found a couple of strands at Michaels on clearance.


I also added an assortment of lace to the dress which I think really “fancified” her up. ūüėÄ


Instead of using twine and twirling onto a dowel and spraying with Starch to create curls I decided to use yarn to create her hair. I cut the yarn in three different lengths and started on the back of her head and worked my way to side of the doll’s face. The bangs I butted against the longer hair and once finished I trimmed up and added a lace bow to the top of her head.¬†


Instead of using the banner that was included with this project I decided to use the Banners and Pennants diecuts. After cutting out and putting together I added sequins and a gem to each of the banners.



I added a little “blush” to her cheeks and a gem to her collar and wa-laa she is finally finished! I hope you enjoyed this project and if you have any questions please let me know.


Also I would like to submit this project for the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes: Challenge #266-267
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge:¬†


Thanks for stopping by, hope your day is awesome and enjoy creating!