Hi everyone! I am here to share a journal I created for Creativation/CHA for Eileen Hull’s booth this past January. I am really pumped over this Journal Diecut which will be coming to stores sometime in May.
For this journal I cut the cover from felt and adhered together with Fabri-Tac adhesive. This is a great glue to use since it “grabs” and dries quickly.
I strung 3 MM elastic through the holes and tied off.
I cut down a couple of notebooks that I had picked up at the Target Dollar Spot so they would fit in the journal.
See how easy peasy this was to create! Now I can either use it as a planner or as an art journal. 😀
Be sure to hop by Eileen Hull’s blog to see what the Inspiration Team has created! You can find the latest journal creations HERE. If you have any question about this journal please let me know.
Also I would like to submit this project for the following challenges:
Thanks for stopping by, hope your day is awesome and enjoying!
Hi everyone! I am here today to share my design team project for Tsunami Rose Designs.
I decide instead of a typical junk journal I would created a ten pages traveler’s notebook for my dori. I had a leftover file folder that I had used to make a dash board for my planner. I rounded the corners and folded in half to create a 4″x7 1/2″ cover for my traveler’s notebook.
I had leftover printables from the following kits from Tsunami Rose Designs: Tea Party Desserts, Small Mason Jars Collections 1, Decoupage Flowers Set #2 and Printable Ephemera Set # 8 – Vintage Childrens Photos which I used throughout the notebook.
Next I cut ten sheets of grid cardstock to fit the inside of the notebook and sewed to the inside cover.
In the center of the notebook I used one of the envelopes from the Tea Party Desserts as a pocket. Before adhering it together I punched the holes and stitched to the center and then glued together.
I used a variety of leftover scraps of cardstock, embellishments and trim to dress up the pages but tried to not over do it.
I added plenty of tuck spots throughout the notebook. Even though the mason jars are small I enlarged some for larger journaling spots. The Lush Soft tag is off of a pair of jeans I purchase and I thought it would be cute addition to the page.
The back side of the lush soft tag I fussy cut a bouquet of flowers and add tiny gems to the centers of each flower along with Stickles to the leaves for a glittery touch.
I adhered a small mason jar to the corner as a pocket and added several printables for tons of journaling opportunities.
I side view of the notebook not too chunky…just the right size. 🙂
I’ve added it to my dori and now it is ready for me to add lists, notes and journaling to.
Thanks for stopping by, hope your Wednesday is awesome and enjoy creating!
Hi everyone! I wanted to share with you today a not so junky journal with you…it has a combination of cardstock/scrapbook paper, paper doilies, drawing paper and graph paper with no embellishments in it. Since I don’t use a sewing machine I also wanted to create a journal kinda like a Midori. This way I could add booklets if I want or if I want to take the booklet out to make it easier to work on my page I could do that too.
The cover is created from a 12″x12″ Kraft envelope. I scored five inches in on either end of the envelope and folded which gives it a spine approximate two inches wide. I adhered cardstock to the cover both on the outside and inside along with covering the spine on the outside.
I measured and marked off where I wanted to add jumbo eyelets to the spine. I then punched the holes with my Crop-A-Dile before setting the eyelets. Next I cut a strip of chipboard slightly smaller than the spine…width wise…the height of the chipboard was cut twelve inches. I covered it with cardstock and adhered to the inside of the spine. Where I had punched holes previously I went back punched again and added the eyelets to the holes and set them with the Crop-A-Dile. I didn’t measure the 1/8 inch braided elastic but ran two strands through the eyelet holes and tied off on the inside of the spine. I tied these off pretty tight since I didn’t want my booklets to fall out.
I found this Jane printable on Land of Nod Studio’s site. I printed and fussy cut her out and adhered to the cover along with some scraps of patterned cardstock that I cut into banners. I printed the word “Journal” from the computer, added that and then framed with a metal bookplate. I adhered a butterfly diecut in the center and added next to the bookplate and finished off with a Dew Drop.
I almost forgot to mention that before I added cardstock to the inside I added clasps midway to both sides of the cover. The cardstock covered up the brads that I had to use to secure the clasps. Next I cut and tied off twine and seam binding to the back clasp.
The inside of the journal there are four signatures and each one has fifteen papers per signature for a total of thirty papers front and back for journaling, adding photos or a mix of both.
The best part of the signatures is you can take them out and work on them without having the bulk of the journal…makes it a lot easier. I left the thread hanging from where I sewed the signatures together. I might add a heart or butterfly punch to each…might…still pondering on that. 🙂 Also if I want to I can add more signatures to this journal too. 🙂
The back of the journal is a pocket to add loose bits and pieces ephemera.
I covered the inside of the flap with some patterned cardstock since if it got wet it could close and possibly seal itself which would be a bad thing. As always if you have any questions about this project please let me know.
Also I would like to submit this journal for the following:
Thanks for stopping by, hope your Sunday is awesome and enjoy creating!