Hi everyone! I am back with another quick Christmas card. Like the last card I shared this past Monday I used the 6″x6″ Lost and Found Christmas Pad from My Mind’s Eye. I folded a piece of cardstock from the pad to create a 3″x6″ base for my card.
I cut a diecut from the Scalloped Rectangle from Spellbinders, painted a wooden snowflake and once dry adhered all to the front of the card.
I finished off the card with sequins and tiny flat back pearls. Very quick and easy! If you have any questions about this card please let me know.
Thanks for stopping by, hope your Friday is wonderful and enjoy creating!
Hi everyone! I am here to share a project I created for the Robin’s Nest to use in their booth at CHA trade show. If you don’t know what CHA is it stand for Craft and Hobby Association and it is a conference and trade show.
The theme of the Robin’s Nest booth was birdhouses and for my birdhouse it started out as a lowly toilet paper roll. I cut a piece of Saffron Honey Cardstock to fit around the roll and I adhered the script/scroll of cardstock side up to the roll with Antique Mod Podge. Also I cut a scalloped circle from the same cardstock but used the backside. I inked the edges, cut a slit to the center of the circle and then adhered the two edges together to create a roof for the birdhouse which I glued to the top of the TP roll.
Next I cut and adhered a small square of Moss Green Glitter Cardstock to the bottom of the roll to create a base to glue moss, paper flowers and twigs. The flowers I added to the centers buttons and Dew Drops for a fun effect.
I punched a circle from the Smoky Chevron Cardstock, inked the edges and adhered in the middle of the swirly pattern on the roll. Next I cut a small piece of the Birch Tree Paper Straw off, inked all over and glued under the circle. Though this birdhouse looks hard to do it was really easy to put together.
This is a photo of the birdhouse at CHA and Rachel the owner of The Robin’s Nest is holding it so my friend Jennifer can take a photo of it. That was one of many exciting moments of projects at CHA (meaning more blog posts to come 😉 ). If you do have any questions about this project please let me know.
Thanks for stopping by, hope your Monday is wonderful and enjoy creating!
Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Ours was great even if we had massive amounts of rain it was still nice to be able to spend it with family. 🙂
After taking a tiny break from social media I am back to share a project I created for a swap I was in with my sweet friend Lisa on Swap-bot.
For this swap we agreed to alter a small cigar box and fill it with planner goodies.
Since one of Lisa’s favorite colors is pink I went with a dusty colored cardstock from My Mind’s Eye for the outside of the box. The image I found on Tammy Tutterow’s site. I sized it down, printed and fussy cut out. I used a combination of buttons, dew drops, store bought and handmade flowers to decorate the lid.
The inside of the box I used the rest of the My Mind”s Eye cardstock and the vintage print cardstock is from a discontinued line from Canvas Corp. Also I forgot to mention that I painted the edges of the box with a cream colored paint (no need to paint the whole box since you won’t be seeing that 🙂 ) and used Antique Mod Podge to adhere all cardstock to the box. Once dry I applied a coat over the whole box to seal it.
The fun part was adding all the goodies. I added journaling cards, sticky notes, shaped paper clips, washi tape and a 4″ book ring so she can add her favorite washi tapes to so she can keep those close at hand. 🙂
There you have it my first project of the year! 🙂 If you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks for stopping by, hope your Thursday is wonderful and enjoy creating!
Hi everyone! I am here to share a sneak peak of my altered coffee filter album project for the new Fairy Tale Royalty Summer Mailbox Muse kit. There is a handout in each kit that gives ideas on projects you can create and a link to a video too. So many yummy and fun items to play with.
Be sure to hop on over to the Altered Pages site and get your kit today!
Thanks for stopping by, hope your Monday is awesome and enjoy creating!
Hi everyone! I found these scalloped cards I cut out from the Sizzix Scallop Card diecut several years ago along with a 4 1/2″x6 1/2″ pad of The Great Circus Company from Paper Studio. The set of Graphic 45 Cling Le Cirque 3 rubber stamps I had purchased at a great price at Tuesday Morning (2.99). Which of course I couldn’t pass up. 😉 I couldn’t decide on if I wanted to do Valentine’s Day theme cards or just wanted to keep them generic and finally wound up doing generic theme. So far this is what I came up with…I have a couple of more to do. 🙂
I stamped and used pastel chalks to color the images and then set the chalk with hairspray. Also I printed the sentiments from the computer and I inked all the edges with brown chalk ink.
I added sequins for a little bit of fun bling to the cards. Plus it is flat and should mail easily.
If you have any questions about these cards please let me know.
Thanks for stopping by, hope your Tuesday is awesome and enjoy creating!